Ballet starts today for the girls and I wanted to share a few of my tried and trusted favorite dance supplies with you!
- Target Pink Mini Parachute Satchel (we got these this year and had the girls names monogrammed in white! They’re SO cute!!)
- Personalized Totes (We used these last year and they were perfect for smaller girls who don’t have much to carry into dance class. We needed something bigger this year.)
- Ballet- Bloch They’ve come out with “string/tie” free ballet slippers. We purchased some this year and if you hate tying those tiny little strings into knots or bows like I do, these are totally worth the extra $9!
- Tap- Capezio We are lucky enough to have a Capezio store right by us so we always run in to get new dance shoes every year. It’s kind of a fun tradition for my girls to get fitted together.
- Ballet- Target ballet shoes ( I grabbed Cub some of these last year last minute and they lasted the whole season!)
- Tap- Target Tap Shoes (Ok I just totally dropped the ball last year when none of Q’s hand-me-downs fit Cub and I ran to Target to get all of her shoes. These were fine for the year. But they aren’t THAT much cheaper than the Capezio and the velcro strap kept putting pulls in her tights!)
- Mini Melissa– We’ve been buying MMs for years now and they are our FAVORITE shoes to wear into and out of dance class…can’t be scuffing up those tap shoes and slippers, now!
- Old Navy Pink Jelly Mary Janes – They may not be as soft or durable as Mini Melissa, but these bad boys are sweet and CHEAP…not to mention bringing back some totally 80s vibes.
- Capezio– I’ve found with dance tights, more is MORE! The more expensive, the better the quality, the longer they last! I splurge for a few nice thick pairs and they last SO much longer than the thin cheapies!
- Target Tights – Use in a pinch and be warned…they’ll rip after one wear and I can’t stand the seams that show.
- Dipug Tights – Found these on Amazon & giving them a try…stay posted!
I used to do all the fun leotards from my fav small IG shops, but I’ve found I like classic the best. So we stick to black & pink, short sleeve and long sleeve. The strappy leotards tend to fall off my girls or they feel too exposed up top. We do have a few strappy ones, but when they wear them, the girls usually wear a dance wrap sweater over (see “Extras” below).
- I’m sorry but Capezio is my go-to for dance clothes for the fit & quality… but that doesn’t mean you have to pay full price! I find capezio deals on zappos and amazon!
- Zulily always has the BEST deals on dance clothes!
- Target their “less blingy” leotards are pretty cute! My girls like these skirted ones!
- bun maker & hair kit
- cute bows! one | two | three | four
- dance scrunchies
- ballet skirts
- sweater wraps: one | two
- Tutus: one | two
- water bottles
- FUN leotards: one | two
- Dance shorts
- Dance Wear (cover ups): one | two | three | four
- Ballerina necklace
For ideas on a fun Ballet-themed birthday party, click HERE!