So, to be completely honest- I was nervous about putting together a Christmas book list this year. I thought I had gotten them ALL last year. I thought: there is surely NO way I can find that many awesome Christmas books again…but I was SO wrong. I know I said the same thing last month with my Thanksgiving Picks, but I have to say it again– I’m pretty sure my Christmas picks for this year are some of my favorite finds yet! I hope you take the time to click the links, read the summaries and find a few new books to add to your collection this year. I am SO excited to share these with you…and to start reading them with my kiddos!
Bring on Christmas!!
- Last Stop on the Reindeer Express NEW & NOTEWORTHY! I’m in love with this one!
- Once Upon a Snowstorm A gorgeous picture book narrative (no text, only illustrations- I love books like this for little ones who don’t read yet and like to narrate the story themselves!)
- Plum: How the Sugar Plum Fairy Got her Wings NEW & NOTEWORTHY! by Sean Hayes!
- The Broken Ornament When a little boy breaks his mother’s irreplaceable heirloom ornament, it almost ruins Christmas. With a little Christmas magic, the family comes together to realize maybe Christmas has been saved after all.
- Secret Santas and the Twelve Days of Christmas Giving A fun new tradition that teaches children how they can become members of the real-life, Secret Santa Team!
- Red & LuLu The story of two birds who live in a beautiful evergreen tree. One year, the unthinkable happens and they they get separated. This is the story of the Christmas miracle that reunites them.
- Christmas Farm “A lyrical, behind-the-scenes look at the intricate lives of Christmas trees” told through the story of Wilma and her five-year-old neighbor, who decide to convert Wilma’s garden into a Christmas tree farm!
- Room for a Little One (also available in a board book!) Beautiful story about the birth of Jesus.
- A World of Cookies for Santa See what boys and girls around the world leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve!
- Walk this World at Christmastime “Illustrates the ways people around the world celebrate Christmas”, also includes lift-the-flap pages to be used as an Advent calendar!
- The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree A beautiful story (Think Little House on the Prairie in the Appalachians). This one is a bit lengthy, but it is illustrated by one of the classics (and one of my favorites) Barbara Cooney!
- Christmas Tapestry Patricia Polacco might be one of the very best story tellers of all times! Every one of her stories is based on her own family experiences.
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms Based on the new movie!
- The Grinch: Who Likes Christmas? Based on the new movie!
- Dear Santa (The cutest lift-the-flaps board book!)
- The Wish Tree The story of a little boy who goes out in search of a Wish Tree, despite being told “there is no such thing” and finds, along his journey, that wishes can, in fact, come true in the most unexpected ways.
- The Lost Christmas A cute Christmas themed seek-and-find boo, from this popular “The Lost…” series.
- A Wish to be a Christmas Tree The sweet story of an overgrown evergreen tree (who always gets passed by at Christmas) and what his friends do to help him.
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (the original story, written in verse by its creator)
- Miracle on 34th Street Got this one for the girls this year! Can’t wait to share it with them!
- Santa’s Favorite Story Santa’s retelling of the Story of the First Christmas
- A Charlie Brown Christmas Classic! We bought this last year after we went to see the play at out local children’s theater!
- Over the River and Through the Woods A gorgeously illustrated version of the classic song/poem we all know & love!!
- Mr Willowby’s Christmas Tree This became a new favorite of ours last year!
- Apple Tree Christmas This book was originally published over twenty years ago, and has been out of print since 1998!! It’s been re-released and it tells the story of a very special present and the love between father & daughter.
- Christmas Stories: A Little House Chapter Book I always like to include a chapter book each month. My girls LOVE reading a few chapters every night and their love for Little House runs deep!!
Don’t forget to check out my Original Christmas Book Picks from Last year!
And by, request…a few cute Hanukkah books I found!
Share YOUR Monthly Book Nook!
Don’t forget, once you get your Christmas/Holiday “book nook” up and on display:
- post a picture to Instagram
- tag @jordan.and.co (so I get notified)
- tag #shareyourmonthlybooknook!
Then you’ll be put in the running to win a fun little January gifty, including one of my favorite January book picks AND a January garland from Pearl and Jane!